Mounting a Vigorous Defense Against your Criminal DUI Charge is our Number One Priority!!!
Have you been charged with a DUI? Make the smart decision and let the law offices of Alcock and Associates go to work for you today!
****Calling 602-989-5000 is all it takes to set up a free consultation****
A DUI arrest can start in a variety of ways. It typically begins with a traffic stop which leads to a Field Sobriety Test (FST), which you were told you failed. Perhaps you were told by the officer that you had one more opportunity to avoid a DUI arrest by taking a Preliminary Breath Test (PBT). This simply involves breathing into a small hand-held device which has often been proven to show higher amounts of alcohol in the body than is truly the case.
At the time of a first offense a driver may be told how minor the consequences will be for a guilty plea on a first offense. Do not trust this advice as it is never true.
Having any DUI conviction on your record can change the rest of your life!
Depending on whether this is a first offense or a repeat offense the penalties will vary. These can range from zero or a few days of jail time with less than $1,500 in fines plus court costs, probation, license suspension, community service, and vehicle immobilization or an ignition interlock device to several years’ imprisonment, long term revocation of driving privileges, seizure and sale of your vehicle, fines totaling several thousand dollars plus court costs.
There ARE ways to fight an Arizona DUI charge
In fact, there are many ways and our highly experienced DUI attorneys know all of the angles as to how this can be achieved because we take the time to thoroughly investigate every possible defense. Below are just a few of many examples.
- Unconstitutional traffic stop – In order for an officer of the law to conduct a constitutional traffic stop, he must have reasonable suspicion that a traffic violation has occurred. Any and all evidence discovered in an illegal traffic stop, including breath tests, field sobriety tests, verbal admissions, etc. could all be suppressed or inadmissible in court.
- Erroneous Field Sobriety Test – There are three standardized field sobriety tests:
- Horizontal Gaze Nystagmus ( a.k.a. “the eye test”)
- Nine-Step Walk and Turn and
- The One-Leg Stand.
These tests MUST be administered in the EXACT same way, EVERY single time. Errors during the delivery of these tests are often flawed and thus invalidating the results.
- Failure to Read Your Rights – It is certainly not uncommon for an arrested person to say something that is damaging to his own case. However, once you’ve been arrested, Arizona law demands that an officer must read you your rights before he is allowed to ask you any questions. If he fails to do so, any subsequent answers you give would be inadmissible.
These are just a few of the many examples of what hiring a top-notch attorney from Alcock and Associates can do to win your DUI case.
Don’t hesitate! Please give Alcock and Associates a call today for a free consultation with an experienced Arizona DUI attorney at 602-989-5000.
When a seasoned attorney specializing in Arizona DUI law is working aggressively for you, your chances of success are greatly improved! We are more than happy to speak with you about your case and will determine the best possible strategy to fight against a legal system that is working to convict you. Our DUI attorneys will NOT settle for a plea bargain when we feel you have a defensible case. We are also willing to take your case to trial at no additional cost.